The annual British Society for Ethical Theory conference is being held in Edinburgh this year. Details below...
British Society for Ethical Theory, Annual Conference 2008, University of Edinburgh, 14 – 16 July 2008
Speakers and Papers
1. Carla Bagnoli (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee): Practical Reflection and Agential Authority
2. Campbell Brown (University of Edinburgh): The Composition of Reasons
3. Krister Bykvist and Jonas Olson (Jesus College and Brasenose College, University of Oxford): Expressivism and Certitude
4. William Dunaway (University of Southern California): Minimalist Semantics and the Problem of Creeping Minimalism
5. Barbara Herman (UCLA): TBA
6. Ulrike Heuer (University of Leeds): Wrongness and Reasons
7. Martin Peterson (University of Cambridge): The Asymmetry Argument
8. Wlodek Rabinowicz (Lund University): TBA
9. Mark Schroeder (University of Southern California): Holism, Weight and Undercutting
10. Alan Strudler (University of Pennsylvania): The Distinctive Wrong in Lying
11. Jonathan Way (University of Californian Santa Barbara): Defending the Wide-Scope Approach to Instrumental Reason
CONFERENCE WEBSITE http://www.philosophy.ed.ac.uk/ethicaltheory/
NB. BSET’s own website is currently out of action as we are moving to a new web host. We hope to fix this soon. Meantime all info on this Edinburgh conference will be at the Edinburgh website.
Pricing information and a booking form will be posted at the conference website shortly.
Conference Organiser: Elinor Mason
Conference Assistants: Ana Barandalla Ajona, Liz Ellis, Mog Stapleton
Conference Editors: Elinor Mason, David McCarthy, Mike Ridge.
Please send any inquiries about the conference to the Organizer: Elinor.Mason@ed.ac.ukThe British Society for Ethical Theory would like the above for their help. We would also like to thank to thank the Mind Association and the University of Edinburgh for their generous support of this conference as well as all those who have assisted us by refereeing submitted papers.