"The accident of where one is born is just that, an accident; any human being might have been born in any nation"
Martha Nussbaum, 'Patriotism and Cosmopolitanism' in For Love of Country (Beacon Press, 2002)

Wednesday 9 April 2008

Good News

I've recently had some good news - I've had my proposal accepted to teach a third-year course on Contemporary Global Ethics. My course will run in the Autumn semester of the next academic year, beginning in the first week of October. I'm really looking forward to teaching the course and so am thrilled to have had the proposal accepted. I will be suspending my funding and research for the duration of the semester, so now have a six-month extension on my estimated submisson date - it has moved from September 2009 to March 2010.

I'm thinking of setting up a seperate blog for the students in the style of Dave Webster's blog for his students at the University of Gloucester. I would post course materials on the site and hopefully get some good discussion going between the students. We do have a web portal - MOLE - here at Sheffield which can be used in a similar way, but in my experience the students haven't found it that helpful. If anyone has any thoughts on whether a blog would help or hinder the students please let me know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! In my experience people taking the course won't comment that much on a blog. I think it's a good idea though, but I like blogs in general.